Are you an AMAX fan and looking to win some prizes? AMAX is kick-starting a prize giveaway program which each contest, we are offering a free gift card to one lucky contestant who sends us their best, creative answer to one of our questions!
How do you enter? It’s easy — Just make sure to follow AMAX on Twitter (@AmaxInfoTech) and look out for our tweet on the latest contest with the hashtag #amaxcontest, retweet our post to share to your friends, and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 1st Contest Tweet of the Week - What do you use #Hadoop for? Share us your story for a chance to win a @Starbucks giftcard! #amaxcontest
Submit your answer by Thursday, 12/05/2013 before 11:00PM PST. The winner with the best response will be announced on 12/06/2013.
Read Contest Rules Here!
AMAX is sponsoring a Haiku contest for PHAT-Data, short for Peta-scale Hadoop Analytics Technology, cluster! For those engineers and scientists who are poets at heart, and poets who are engineers and scientists at heart, we invite you to explore your creative side.
Just as a Haiku is a perfectly balanced work of art that marries technical style with mind-blowing eloquence and contextual implication, so is our PHAT-Data Hadoop cluster powering business intelligence and analytics. Let PHAT-Data be your inspiration! Bare your soul in the name of Apache Hadoop and win a chance to win our grand prize: a brand new Apple iPad!
How to Enter:
- Become a fan of AMAX by liking our Facebook page!
- Write a haiku about AMAX, Intel, PHAT-Data, Apache Hadoop, and/or Big Data and let creativity flow with your words.
- Comment with your haiku on our Facebook post and share it to your friends! Submission deadline is April 22nd, 2012 at 11:00PM PST. Entrants will automatically receive a complimentary PHAT-Data sumo stress ball*
- The best top 10 haiku poem will be selected for the final round which AMAX fans will be the judge! Vote for your favorite haiku before April 29th, 2012 at 11:00PM PST.
- The winning haiku with the most # of votes will be announced as a winner!
* One per household, while supplies last. All contest participants must send a message to AMAX on Facebook with their shipping information.
All PHAT Data Haikus will be judged by the following criteria, each weighted with scores from 1-10, except the first. Top 10 highest scores will be published and open for a public vote. Criteria:
1. The 5-7-5 Rule.
A haiku poem consists of a 5-7-5 syllable rule in three lines. Poems that contain more or less syllables per lines will be automatically loose points, so make sure your syllable-count qualifies your work of art as a bona fide haiku!
Here is an example of how the haiku entry should look like:
Data flows like rain
Scattered with no direction
PHAT-Data is here
2. Focus Point
All haiku poems need to be related about the following topics below. Any entry that does not highlight any of these topics will automatically loose points!
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
3. Creativity/Originality of Haiku
Blow our minds.
4. Clarity of Imagery/Idea
Be creative! Be avant-garde! But try to make sense, please.
For the month of March, we’re taking $1,000 off the ServMax Xn-1205 1U multi-core server. The Xn-1205 is a smart investment that delivers up to 15x the performance compared to installed single-core servers and can reduce energy costs by 95 percent. It enables enterprises and organizations to meet their performance, power and innovation demands. At this incredibly low sale price of only $2,998, it’s a win-win solution for everyone. Reference # Q152486 and grab the deal!