Next Generation Open Compute Server Design.
AMAX's Open CloudServer (OCS) solution, based on the latest Open CloudServer version 2 specifications and powered by the advanced Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processor, is an innovative solution for running business applications that are built to integrate server, storage and networking functionality with technology exchange and heterogeneous management.
OCS Solutions offer to data center customers:
- Optimum power efficiency
- Operational agility
- High availability and scalability
Why choose the AMAX OCS solution?
AMAX's OCS solution integrates compute nodes and storage nodes in an easy-to-use turnkey package that is designed specifically for cloud computing applications, and also for the office and distributed enterprise environment.
Solution Features and Specs:
- Up to 24 compute and storage blades in any combination of your choice with integrated chassis management module in a mere 12U rack space
- Centralizes the high efficiency power suppliers (5+1 redundancy) for up to a pool of 9.6K watt power source, and utilizes large fan walls to reach the operational efficiency beyond the conventional servers currently available in the market
- Offers two different types of nodes - compute node or JBOD storage node
- OCS compute node: supports the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processor family to provide unprecedented computing performance. With up to eight hard disks (four 3.5Ē and four 2.5Ē), plus four M.2 SSD module slots.
- OCS JBOD storage node: supports up to ten 3.5Ē fixed hard disk drives with the highest storage density in a half width 1U architecture, ideal for Hadoop, cloud, and distributed software applications.
- 10GbE or 40GbE network interconnectivity
- The shared single compute/storage tray backplane design and pre-configured rear cables function the same as the blade mid-plane to help reduce service complexity and allow enterprise businesses to run mission critical applications
- The AMAXís OCS chassis manager software present a consistent, optimized interface for the complete rack infrastructure, including the in-band and out-of-band (OOB) management paths
Comparing to traditional servers, AMAXís OCS solution delivers
- 40% cost savings
- 15% power efficiency gains
- 50% improvement in deployment and service times