- High-density, feature rich Petabyte scalable NAS storage appliance designed for massively scalable storage in a single chassis.
- Delivers best economics for shared storage -- Significantly reduces the cost of storage by offering the same resilience and performance of Fibre Channel SAN and other proprietary, high-cost storage solutions on industry standard hardware with file based storage.
- Provides file storage for virtualization & apps -- Manage storage for Virtualization(Hyper-V), Databases (SQL) and Web Servers (IIS) in the same manner as they manage storage for traditional file serving.
- Private cloud & datacenter ready -- Capabilities such as reliability, continuous availability and scale traditionally seen only in datacenter deployments due to their high value is now available to customers of all sizes.
- Fully utilizes the power of dual Intel® 32nm Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 series.
- Supports Trusted Execution, Advanced Encryption Security - New Instructions (AESNI), Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Intel® Virtualization, Intel® QuickPath Interconnect, Advanced Vector Extension (AVX) Instructions.
- Delivers new storage capabilities, simplified deployment and easier management while assuring seamless synergy in customers' Windows infrastructure in a cost-effective and high-performance platform.
- Ideal for a variety of applications, including disk-based backup and restore, storage consolidation, and disaster recovery
||Up to 48TB
||Up to 64TB
||Up to 96TB
||Up to 144TB|
|Hot-Swap Drive Bays
||24 x 2.5" or 12x 3.5” SAS/SATA/SSD
||16 x 3.5" SAS/SATA/SSD
||24 x 3.5" SAS/SATA/SSD
||36 x 3.5" SAS/SATA/SSD|
|Windows Storage Server 2012 Special Features:
||Best economics for shared storage, significantly reduce CapEX and OpEX costs for storage management |
CapEx: Lower cost industry hardware:
OpEx: Reducing ongoing management costs
- Appliances with Simple Deployment, Security and Provisioning Experiences
- Unified storage with support for file (SMB & NFS) and block (iSCSI) protocols through a converged management interface
- Reliable storage with thin provisioning and data deduplication
Provides file storage for virtualization & apps, private clouds and data centers can use file based storage for Hyper-V and SQL server
- Manage storage like a regular Windows server
- Leveraging existing skills: Windows UI, Active Directory, PowerShell and System Center
High performance and reliability of file shares:
- Continuous availability for NSF and SMB
- NIC Teaming & SMB Multi-Channel
- No down time with clustering and fast check-disk
- Reliable storage with storage spaces
- Flexibility to move Hyper-V workloads using storage live migration
- No downtime maintenance with cluster aware updating
||Dual-Port GbE; Dedicated LAN for IPMI; Optional 10GbE / FC
- Supports OneConnect Universal Multi-Channel (UMC) which allows multiple PCI functions to be created on each 10GbE adapter; each port can present four NIC functions to the operating system or hypervisor
- Future-proof option to enable Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) or iSCSI support with high-performance protocol offloads
- Intel® I/OAT 3 support for fast, scalable, and reliable networking
- VMDq support for better performance of virtualization
||Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 Series, with up to 8 cores & 16 threads, and 20MB L2 cache per processor |
QPI up to 8.0 GT/s
||Up to 768GB DDR3 Reg. ECC memory, up to 1600Mhz
||Up to 512GB DDR3 Reg. ECC memory, up to 1600Mhz|
||1,100W high efficiency redundant
||Redundant 920W w/ PMBus
||Redundant 920W w/ PMBus
||Redundant 1400W w/ PMBus|
||Q160023 (NS-22201r 2U 24x 2.5")
Q160022 (NS-22301r 2U 12x 3.5")
Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2012