Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA
- Coordinate with customer/vendor, engineering and PM team and clearly define test plans for NPI projects.
- Proficiency in the test plan details and equipment, utilities & s/w requirement & usage.
- Quickly identify and escalate issues during test plan implementation and proactively involve in finding solutions.
- Looking for improvement plan of existing test method for better efficiency and accuracy.
- Setup test environment and provide training to production & quality operators.
- Monitor the whole test cycles closely and make escalation on any failures.
- Troubleshoot and fix h/w failures according to defined diagnostic procedures. Document & report the whole diagnostic/repair process.
- Work very closely with production, quality and logistics team and their flexible working schedule for the requirement of all shipment on-time delivery.
- Being the escalation point for all testing/engineering related request & inquiry, needs to provide prompt and precise guideline and handling instructions on related matters.
- Bachelor and above degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in server testing and/or network management.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system (CentOS 7).
- Familiarity with server testing application for major components and the test procedure is required.
- Ability to communicate with vendor & customer on test requirement and implementation is required.
- Good knowledge of x86 server h/w and troubleshoot failing component inside the server is required.
- Understanding of rack level test algorithm and benchmark tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of networking, switch setup and management is a plus.
- Knowledge of test automation and scripting is a plus.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, high pressure, shifting work priorities, adversity and change.
- Ability to complete the assignment on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Support organizational metrics to indicate individual and departmental performance to requirements.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Abilities to carry weight up to 50 lbs occasionally.
Apply For This Position
Upload Resume* (.pdf and .docx only, do not use file name extensions)