Market and Pricing Analyst
Location: Fremont, CA
Department: Purchasing / Supply Chain
As the Market and Pricing analyst, you will be a vital member of the product marketing management team. The role is focused on supporting product marketing and sales teams on both product offers and deal pricing to help the business unit execute revenue and margin targets. The ideal candidate will be able to work cross functionally with finance, marketing and operations to execute pricing strategies and influence profitable commercial contracts. This includes measuring market attractiveness and sales competitiveness, analyzing product costs, implementing pricing strategies and reviewing quotations. Additionally, the ideal candidate will maximize AMAX revenues in support of deal structuring, engaging with Finance to evaluate acceptable price points and investment requirements, recommending differentiated selling models, collaborating with Product Marketing, solution engineering, and procurement to understand varying product options that meet market and customer needs. The market and pricing analyst understands the product market and competitive ecosystem to ensure AMAX and its sales teams can maximize value to the customer and increase share of market.
- Strengthen product and service margins
- Track customer engagements to develop effective pricing strategies of offerings
- Implementation of pricing strategies and policies
- Engage in day-to-day operations of sales quotes
- Generate competitive market and product sales insights
- Support the analysis of revenue and sales forecasting models and strategies that impact margins, costs, sales volumes, and profitability
- Support the development of pricing tools
- Demonstrates good analytical and critical thinking
- Good with numbers, data and exhibits strong business acumen
- Good at explaining and presenting data / insights
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative working skills
- Experience in sales operations, price desks and/or commercial contracts
- Understands the compute, IT, and data center services business
- Financial forecasting, statistical analysis, and mathematics background a great plus
- Salary, health insurance, life insurance, vacation, personal/sick leave, and 401(k) plan.