What information do we hold about you?
AMAX usually collects two types of information about its visitors: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information (to include cookies). Our primary goal in collecting such information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized user experience and where we obtain such information from you, we act primarily as a data controller.
Personally Identifiable Information
Some pages on this Site may ask you for personal information, or enable (or require) the submission of personal information. Such information may include:
- name/company name;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- billing address;
- shipping address;
- credit card or other payment information; and/or
- IP address.
AMAX may collect this information from you for a number of purposes and under a variety of circumstances, including when you might request a quote, solicit a sales consultation, place an order, use a service, apply for credit, fill out surveys, download datasheets or white papers, comment on blogs, send us feedback or for aftermarket support to include providing customer service. AMAX may respond to these communications at their sole discretion.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
AMAX may also gather non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site, including but not limited to information about how you found our Site, and how you navigate through it. For example, such information may include the URL that you came from, the URL that you leave to and what device, browser and operating system you are using. AMAX may compile and analyze non-personally identifiable information on both an individual and an aggregated basis.
AMAX sometimes uses “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to and/or stored on your browser. Cookies usually do not identify you personally. By visiting this Site, you consent to whatever cookies AMAX may send to you, but if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you can set your browser to (1) not accept cookies; or (2) to ask whether or not to accept a cookie, each time you receive a cookie.
On what basis do we process your personal information?
Depending on the purpose for which AMAX has obtained your personal information, we will process it on the basis of one of the following grounds:
- Pursuant to a contract we might have with you and in order to fulfill our obligations under that contract;
- Pursuant to your consent where you have consented or opted in to your personal information being processed in a particular way;
- We believe that processing your personal information is in AMAX’s legitimate interest through the performance of its business activities and in order to process, manage and maintain those activities (in some instances this might include direct marketing for products or services related to those products/services which you have previously obtained from us); and
- Pursuant to any other legal obligations AMAX might have.
How long do you keep my personal information?
We will generally keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and in some instances we may retain it longer where we believe there is a lawful basis for doing so for e.g. for the defense of a legal claim. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose outside of that for which it was collected unless we are permitted or required to do so under legislation or we have your consent to doing so.
Who may have access to your personal information?
AMAX generally does not share your personal information with any third parties and all information submitted through this Site shall be retained in accordance with AMAX policies. However, in those instances where we are required to share your personal information for e.g. with our external advisers, consultants and/or service providers, we will ensure that a legal contract is put in place with that party to ensure your personal information is not used for any reason other than for which it has been provided to that party by AMAX and to generally ensure the protection and security of your personal information.
Where is my personal information processed?
Due to AMAX’s international presence, your personal information may be processed in the EU and the USA or China. Where your personal data is being transferred internationally, we confirm that the processing will take place strictly in accordance with one of the methodologies permissible by law and in particular with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 (“the GDPR”), such as:
- in line with binding corporate rules as permitted by Article 47 of the GDPR;
- the adoption of Model Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission;
- the transferee is subscribed to the EU-USA “Privacy Shield”; or
- the transferee operates in a country which is considered as safe by the European Commission pursuant to Article 45 of the GDPR.
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
Pursuant to Chapter 3 of the GDPR, subject to limited restrictions, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including the following:
- obtain an updated list of those who have access to your personal information;
- receive information on and a copy of any personal information relating to you which is being processed by AMAX;
- verify the content, origin, exactness and location of your personal information;
- ask that your personal information is supplemented, updated and/or amended;
- ask that your personal information is deleted, anonymized, frozen (if processed against the law), or oppose to a particular form of processing for legitimate reasons.
Queries, information or complaints
At any time, you may notify AMAX to exercise any of your rights set out above or with any concerns or complaints about particular personal situations regarding your personal information.
You can contact us directly through the following means:
- Our Data Protection Officer at DPO@amax.com ;
- The Contact Us page on the Site; or
- Call us at +1(800) 800-6328 for USA or +353-61-432888 for Ireland or +86 (512) 6761-8188 for China
Please note that you are entitled to lodge a complaint with any other relevant supervisory authority within your jurisdiction or where you are based within the EU, you can lodge a complaint directly with the Irish Data Protection Commission, by emailing email@example.com
Warranty And Disclaimer
When submitting any information on this Site, you are warranting that the information is accurate and non-infringing, and does not violate any obligation of confidentiality (or other legal or contractual obligation), break any law or applicable regulation, or subject AMAX to any liability.
To the extent that receipt of any information violates the foregoing warranty or subjects AMAX to any legal action or liability, you hereby agree to defend and hold harmless AMAX from all such legal action or liability.