Scalable Petabyte Storage Cluster Solution
ClusterMax™ Stor-X is a data-intensive storage cluster ideal for Petabyte-scale HPC deployments that require extreme performance, and high-density computing with robust storage management features.
- Linear scalability makes it easy to expand as needed.
- Truly linear scalability, scales to hundreds of petabytes, add new nodes with two mouse clicks.
- Unique architecture eliminates the need for a metadata sever and produces truly ground-breaking IOPS and throughput performance.
- No metadata server, no central point of failure, automatic load balancing, stripe files across dozens of storage blocks.
- High availability options include data mirroring and real time self-healing.
- Error detection and correction even while files are running or during hardware failures.
Easy Deployment & Management
- Ongoing maintenance is simple and efficient with integrated management of volumes, data resources, and servers.
- Self-healing (no fsck), automatic error-correction, wizard based deployments, centralized logging and reporting, no system downtime for upgrades or new nodes.
Optimized For Virtual Servers
- Store VM images and data in single namespace, multiple copies of VM images provide always-on performance, even during hardware failure.
- Gain the benefits of kernel-independence without any of the performance tradeoffs.
- No complex cross-platform compatibility issues, no problematic upgrades, easy implementation of custom applications and modules.
Quick, Flexible Setup
- Features push-button setup enabling you to customize your storage settings for your workload. You can easily optimize for small files, cloud computing, or any other usage.
- Native clients available but not required, supports NFS, CIFS, HTTP, WebDAV, and FTP protocols; Network: Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, InfiniBand.
Flexible Modular Design
- Enables easy addition of features without the bloat for features that you don't require.
- Easy, fast feature enhancements, designed for your workload, eliminates unneeded features for optimum speed.
- Up to 2,880TB hot swap storage capacity with 22-core Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 or 18-core Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processor series per 42U cluster
- High-efficiency gold-level power supply (93%+) with 1+1 redundancy
- Dedicated onboard management port, providing a flexible and secure management environment
- IPMI 2.0 with KVM over LAN and Virtual Media over LAN
- Delivers high availability, scalability, flexibility and power efficiency in a dense cluster architecture
- Improves RAS with hot-swappable and redundant fans, and hard disk drives
- Addresses today's business demands for mid to large-sized HPC and high-density computing
- Lowest TCO for support, maintenance and upgradeability
- Ideal for mid- to large data centers scaling up to 1,000 nodes
- Delivers up to 24Gb/s SAS connections with aggregate bandwidth of 384Gb/s
- Delivers full compatibility with SAS 2.0 T10 zoning compliant in-band and out-of-band management utility
Complete Cluster Assembly And Set-Up Services
- Fully integrated and pre-packaged turnkey HPC solution, including HPC professional services and support, expert installation and setup of cluster nodes, cabling, rails, other peripherals, AND the network
- Installation of applications and clients computers a comprehensive solution for your IT needs
- Server management options include Standards-based IPMI or AMAX remote server management
- Seamless standard and custom application integration & cluster installation, with rapid deployment
- Cluster management options include a choice of open source software solutions
- Firmware upgrades & BIOS modification
- Supports a variety of UPS and PDU configuration and high speed interconnect options, including Infiniband (QDR/FDR/EDR), SAS 12.0Gb/s, Myrinet, Fibre channel, and Ethernet (Gigabit, 10GbE, 40GbE, 25GbE, 50GbE, 100GbE)
- Bio-Chemical/Biotechnology/Life Sciences
- Computational Grid Endpoint
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Data Mining And Stream Processing
- Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- Financial Market Modeling
- HPC Applications (e.g. Nastran, Ansys, LS-Dyna)
- Petro-Clusters/Oil & Gas
- Server Consolidation
- Scientific Research
- Visualization/Rendering Modeling
- Web Hosting