Conventional cooling is becoming incapable of handling high-density computing required for emerging applications. Data center sites already require significant CAPEX to have electric utilities deliver additional power as they scale, relocate, or push to the cloud as well; conventional cooling cannot deliver the energy efficiency required to contain these costs.
Powering while efficiently cooling the modern data center
Liquid cooling system of CPUs and GPUs where the coolant is in direct contact with the processing units itself can eliminate most of the contributors to internal thermal resistance. Direct liquid cooling offers a high heat transfer coefficient that reduces the temperature rise of the processors. It delivers the most optimized performance per watt per dollar, with outstanding density, superior bandwidth, lower data center TCO, optimized compute, memory, and significant reduction in cooling data center energy consumption.
Advanced Liquid Cooling Rack Solution
- Up to 64 nodes (per rack)
- Flexible network fabric (per rack)
- Dual stage cooling
- Custom power management
- Cabinet level safety
- Global compliance available
- Available with dual stage liquid cooling system: Active Rear Door Heat Exchanger and Cold Plates to cool the entire cabinet
Form Factor: 2U with four hot-pluggable nodes
Processor: 4x Dual 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processor Nodes
Up to 28 Cores per Processor, and up to 224 Processor Cores per 2U Chassis
Memory: 16x DIMM per Node, Up to 1.5TB ECC Registered DDR4 2933/2666/2133 MHz memory
Form Factor: 2U with 4 warm-swap compute modules
Processor: Intel® Xeon® Platinum 9200 Processors with up to 56 cores
Memory: Supports 8GB to 128GB DIMM options, number and capacity configurable
Introducing 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
Introducing the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, a balanced architecture with built-in acceleration and advanced security capabilities, designed through decades of innovation for the most demanding workload requirements.
Through work with the world’s software leaders and solution providers, 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are optimized for many workload types and performance levels all with the consistent, open Intel architecture you know and trust.
Liquid Cooling Technologies
Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) and Computer Room Air Handler (CRAH)
- Uses mechanical refrigeration
- Utilizes a lot of energy; not enough for high density racks
- Cooling up each row of server racks, by cooling the units between two rows
- Uses cool air or chilled water
Rear Door Heat Exchangers (RDHx)
- Used for high density of compute applications
- Radiator-like doors with tubes of chilled water attached to the back of racks
- Uses liquid-cooled module directly on top of CPU
- Coolant via pipes directly to the cold plate